- Main office but not base for the role: MCR Pathways, Mitchell Library, Berkeley Street, Glasgow, G3 7DN
- £40,000 - £50,000 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Work From Home:
MCR Pathways is a national charity dedicated to supporting disadvantaged, care-experienced and vulnerable young people find, grow and use their talent through 1:1 mentoring and support. We are currently seeking a new Head of Schools, North Region (Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Dundee and Highlands). The role will be pivotal in empowering our fabulous school-based Pathways Coordinators and local teams to grow the programme and support more young people across the region. Another key focus of the post will be actively developing and maintaining exceptional relationships with Headteachers, local authorities and other partners.
You will have responsibility for leading the regional plan to ensure high standards of programme delivery, engagement and partnerships. This role requires collegiate leadership, visible presence, strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of the educational landscape and related policies in the region and nationally.
You will be joining a diverse, incredibly committed team, and will work across several local authorities to ensure the MCR programme meets each local need and context, and achieves all regional KPIs. If you excel at autonomous working; are an inspirational team leader; are passionate and relentlessly focused to achieve equity of opportunities and outcomes for all; and are able to build meaningful relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, then please read on.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the MCR programme across the region, ensuring alignment with overall objectives and priorities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with schools, local authorities, and other partners to ensure successful programme delivery, growth and sustainability
- Monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of the programme, ensuring that key performance indicators are met and best practices are identified and shared
- Manage and oversee programme launch, growth and development, ensuring resources are allocated effectively and in line with organisational guidelines
- Provide regular updates and reports on the progress and performance of the region
- Collaborate with other Heads of Region, MCR team and managers to share knowledge, resources, and expertise
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the wider regional team and local teams of school-based Coordinators within the region, developing and delivering professional development opportunities as required
- Be a key ambassador for the MCR programme and values, and represent the organisation at national and regional events, conferences, and meetings
- Establish excellent relationships across the region with higher and further education widening access teams to support positive post-school destinations
Please note: The role will involve travel throughout the north and north east so access to a car is a key requirement.