- 5 East Blackhall Street, Greenock, PA15 1HD
- £20,000 - £30,000 per year depending on qualifications and experience
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Are you passionate about making a difference to young people’s lives? Ocean Youth Trust Scotland is an award-winning youth work charity, delivering life-changing voyages for young people aboard its sail training vessels.
While the delivery of our voyages has been affected by the pandemic, securing funding for our invaluable youth work remains an ongoing priority.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Fundraising team as we emerge from the covid-19 pandemic. Ocean Youth Trust Scotland is seeking a motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic fundraiser to hit the ground running on the management and development of existing Trust and statutory funding relationships.
Experience in securing funding via applications to funders such as The Robertson Trust, the Big Lottery and other major grant making trusts and foundations is preferable. The ideal candidate will be a positive and creative individual with the ability to confidently embrace a diverse workload.
A can do, positive attitude is what we look for - we thrive on a happy, successful workplace. You will need to be flexible and a team player, as due to the size of our organisation there are times when it’s all hands-on deck! Everyone is expected to do whatever is necessary to 'get the job done’.
This role would best suit an aspiring or experienced statutory fundraiser looking for an exciting and varied role. Using excellent relationship building skills, you will ensure the appropriate application processes, timely information and reports are provided to funders in addition to assisting with social media and general fundraising admin as required.
Location: Greenock (but some home-working possible)
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND CV AND COVERING LETTER TO email@example.com
• A minimum of 12 months successful experience in fundraising
• Proven track record of generating income from a range of trusts, foundations, and grant giving bodies
• The ability to research and develop new revenue streams
• Excellent project planning skills.
• Good IT skills. Database/CRM experience an advantage although training will be provided if necessary.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders