- Location: Walled Garden, Perth, and Wisecraft, Blairgowrie, PH2 7BH
- Salary: £21,030.00 pro rata
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 28 hours per week
This position has expired.
PKAVS is a diverse charity which supports the community of Perth & Kinross through a number of services in the areas of Carers, Mental Health & Wellbeing, Minority Communities and Community Engagement. Through its diverse activities, PKAVS supports over 5,000 local people every year, as well as supporting, promoting and developing Volunteering and the wider Voluntary and Community Sector in Perth & Kinross.
PKAVS Mental Health & Wellbeing Hub provides support to people recovering from mental health issues within two locations in Perth & Kinross. The community-based service aims to create an environment of wellbeing, offering a range of meaningful activities to support clients in achieving their individual goals through a recovery and outcomes-based model.
The Lost in Transition project was established in November 2017 and continues to support young clients aged 16-25 years. This post is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund for 3 years.
The Recovery & Development Officer will support management in facilitating an integrative care approach and will ensure clients (predominantly aged 16-25 years) achieve progress within their own individual journey of recovery. The Recovery & Development Officer will assist with monitoring and reporting, securing grant incomes, ensuring service delivery targets are met and will progress with service developments on an ongoing basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support Hub Managers with day to day operational tasks of the Hub at both The Walled Garden and Wisecraft.
2. Support the process of new volunteer applications and oversee the work of volunteers within the Hub.
3. Keep up to date with current good practice models of support and engagement, and ensure that the service continues to improve and develop.
4. Support and develop client activities across both locations, for our Lost in Transition project. Provide outreach support if required.
5. Develop and promote the recovery approach towards positive mental health and wellbeing.
6. Support the monitoring and evaluation framework for the Hub (I.ROC, QOL and skills matrix).
7. Support management in working with PKAVS marketing team to promote our Hub through a variety of communication channels.
8. Support systems to provide an evidence base for funding applications.
9. Maintain appropriate client records and ensure the referral system and exit system operates smoothly.
10. Provide the relevant reports and information for the Hub Managers and funders/commissioners.
11. Support management in ensuring administrative systems are properly maintained.
12. Maintain an awareness of, and adherence to all relevant legislation, policy and health & safety.
13. Ensure effective partnership working and networking with other statutory and voluntary agencies, and within PKAVS.
14. Facilitate youth client engagement in activities and support such as CV skills, interview techniques, work experience and benefit advice.
15. Develop a youth strategy forum/panel.
16. Provide flexible cover to support all areas of activity within the Hub, as required.
17. Assume responsibility for new youth referrals, client inductions, trial periods and client’s exiting the Hub.
18. Deliver presentations to a wide variety of statutory and voluntary organisations in order to publicise and promote the work we do – in particular the Lost in Transition project.
19. Facilitate and lead youth client assessment meetings with Activity Engagement Workers.
Offers will be made subject to satisfactory references, PVG check, and eligibility to work in the UK.
Please find the job description and an application attached. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 8th January 2020
Interview date: Week commencing 20th January 2020