Assistant HR Advisor
- 15 Dava Street, G51 2JA
- SCP 23-26 (£23,843-£26,164 per annum)
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
Right There is a charity working to prevent people becoming homeless and separated from their loved ones.
We’re here for children and adults who are living with the effects of poverty, addiction or broken relationships. Walking alongside people at home and in the community, we provide tailored support and form trusting relationships to help people feel happier, safer and more confident to live their lives.
Rooted in communities across Scotland for almost 200 years, we’re there for people going through tough times. Our work won’t stop until everyone has an equal chance to create a safe and supportive place to call home.
We are recruiting for an Assistant HR Advisor to join our People team, to work closely with our HR Advisor and support managers to achieve their responsibilities in line with organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements.
The Assistant HR Advisor will support with coaching managers to identify and follow HR policies as well as assisting them to respond to people matters at all stages of the employee lifecycle.
This position is on a fixed term basis for a period of 12 months.
We offer flexible working with a blend of working in the office and from home where appropriate, arrangements for this are agreed with the line manager based on the needs of the service.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the HR Advisor in coaching managers to fulfil their responsibility to identify and respond to people matters at each stage of the employee lifecycle.
- Supporting in coaching managers to identify and follow the correct HR policy and procedure at the appropriate time in the appropriate way.
- Undertaking projects that deliver team and organisational objectives and positively impact wider programme delivery, in conjunction with the HR Manager and the wider People Team.
- Supporting the HR advisor in the management of case work.
- Conducting exit interviews and recording, analysing and reporting on the data provided.
- Supporting managers and staff to ensure they meet their responsibilities in respect of SSSC registration.
- Responsibility for providing administrative support to create, maintain and develop robust systems for recording and processing information in relation to formal processes.
- Undertaking continuous benchmarking with regards to formal processes, contractual terms and benefits.
- Supporting quality assurance within the team by undertaking audits of systems and processes to identify and address discrepancies/errors and ensure high quality and continuous improvement of team practices.
- Escalating queries when necessary to the HR Advisor
Salary: SCP 23-26 (£23,843-£26,164 per annum)
Full details can be found in the Job & Person Specification on our website.
What we expect from you
Our values make us who we are and define our actions and behaviours every day. We’d expect the post-holder to uphold and represent our organisation in a way that reflects our values and person-centred way of working.
What you can expect from us
We value our staff as our greatest asset and will provide the following working conditions:
- The post holder will report to the HR Manager and through them to the Head of People.
- Your normal working hours are 35 per week worked Monday to Friday.
- Your usual place of work will be 15 Dava Street, Glasgow, G51 2JA. Alternatively, you may also choose to work remotely from your home address where appropriate.
- Working arrangements must be agreed with your line manager, based on the needs of the service.
- Annual leave entitlement of 210 hours holiday (equivalent to 6 weeks) pro rata per year in the first year rising to 280 hours (equivalent to 8 weeks) pro rata per year in the second. This includes public holidays
- You will be automatically enrolled into the People’s Pension in the month that you will complete 3-months of employment, provided you meet the auto-enrolment criteria
Interested in applying?
Click Apply and you will be redirected to our website for full details.
Thank you, and good luck!