- Compass House, 11 Riverside Drive, DD1 4NY
- £47,973.00 - £52,971.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Head of Legal and Corporate Governance
£47,973 - £52,971
35 hours per week
About the role
Due to internal promotion, we are recruiting for a Head of Legal and Corporate Governance to lead our Legal and Corporate Governance Department.
You will provide advice and support on corporate legal matters, as well as delivering excellent corporate and information governance across the organisation.
Who we are
We are the independent regulator for social service workers in Scotland. Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce.
We protect the public by registering social service workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct, we can investigate and take action.
What you need to succeed
- An unrestricted practising certificate issued by the Law Society of Scotland.
- Minimum of five years post qualifying experience and relevant public law experience.
- Evidence of demonstrating political astuteness and sensitivity, strong diplomatic and influencing skills and working in partnership to achieve complex outcomes through effective negotiation.
- Experience of working with board/committee members, as well as preparing/presenting board papers/committee reports. Confident, concise and clear communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner.
Why work for us
We are an ambitious, enthusiastic and supportive organisation. With around 300 employees, you can really make an impact here. We offer a generous salary, flexible working arrangements, a full range of benefits, local government pension scheme and up to 43 days holiday (dependent on service).
Our office is in Dundee, but during COVID-19 this role is home based until there is no longer a requirement to physically distance. We actively encourage remote working and would support a less office-based format even after restrictions are lifted. We are developing our agile working policy and we are happy to discuss individual arrangements and consider agile working as an option depending on job requirements (such as attendance at the office for hearings, training events and meetings etc) and meeting the eligibility criteria as determined by the new policy. We welcome applications from candidates outside Dundee and the surrounding areas.
How to apply
You’ll find more information in the job profile and person specification.
To apply, please complete the online application and equal opportunities form by 8am on Wednesday 10 March 2021. Interviews will be held on 19, 20 and 21 April 2021.