- Dundee, DD1 4NY
- £42,954 - £47,505 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
£42,954 - £47,505
35 hours per week
Fixed term secondment to March 2023
About the role
We are recruiting for a Workforce Planning Advisor within our Development and Innovation directorate for a fixed term secondment. You will work closely with the Head of Workforce Planning and play a key role in informing and progressing the national workforce planning agenda rising from a range of policy and legislative work streams.
The Independent Review of Adult Social Care signifies a period of significant change within the sector. This secondment is a great opportunity to bring your expertise, knowledge and skills to this national agenda, and support the sector to implement change.
Working in a busy team and with key partners within the sector you will:
- engage with social services workforce planners across public, third and independent sectors to determine the capacity and capability of the workforce
- develop workforce planning guidance and resources
- develop workforce planning scenarios for key staff groups to support workforce planners visualise the workforce they need and inform decision making
- contribute to mapping the workforce in Scotland and forecasting future demand and skills needs.
Who we are
We are the independent regulator for social service workers in Scotland. Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social services being provided by a trusted, skilled, and confident workforce.
We protect the public by registering social service workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training, and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct, we can investigate and take action.
What you need to succeed
- A degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a workforce planning role or within a human resources, strategic planning or organisational development function.
- Experience of reviewing and presenting workforce information.
- An understanding of policy and legislative developments in Scotland and how they impact the social services workforce.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Why work for us
We are an ambitious, enthusiastic and supportive organisation. With around 300 employees, you can really make an impact here. We offer a generous salary, flexible working arrangements, a full range of benefits, local government pension scheme and up to 43 days holiday (dependent on service).
Our office is in Dundee, but during COVID-19 this role is home based until there is no longer a requirement to physically distance. We actively encourage remote working and would support a less office-based format even after restrictions are lifted. We are developing our agile working policy and we are happy to discuss individual arrangements and consider agile working as an option depending on job requirements (such as attendance at the office for hearings, training events and meetings etc) and meeting the eligibility criteria as determined by the new policy. We welcome applications from candidates outside Dundee and the surrounding areas.
How to apply
You’ll find more information in the job profile and person specification.
To apply, please complete the online application form by 8.00am on Monday 12 July 2021.
We expect to hold interviews in the week commencing 26 July 2021.