- Location: Various Locations , G4 0QW
- Salary: £28,891.00 - £33,094.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time & Part Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
This role sits within Social Security Scotland, an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government.
We believe that Social Security is a human right and we are working to make sure people get what they are entitled to whilst being treated with dignity, fairness and respect.
In addition to our headquarters and administrative base we will be delivering our services in local communities across Scotland. This role provides an exciting opportunity to lead and develop the face to face service that will support clients who need it, when they need it, through outreach, home, hospital or prison visits.
The opportunities in this role will vary from; leading and developing a team of mobile advisors, providing day to day operational support to delivering a positive client experience.
This position would be ideal for someone who can work independently, has excellent inter-personal skills, leads by example, is passionate about people and is focused on providing an excellent service to Scotland’s citizens.
For jobs in Band B you must hold a minimum of 3 Highers or equivalent or proven experience of managing a client facing team and delivering excellent customer service.
Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable. If you are in any doubt please contact the Recruiting Manager to discuss.
As part of the local service, this is an important role within the agency managing a range of duties to ensure that we provide an excellent service to Scotland’s citizens.
Provide excellent service by leading, managing and motivating your team to provide accurate up to date information and advice on devolved benefits to Scotland’s citizens, in line with Social Security Scotland’s ethos and vision of dignity, fairness and respect.
· Act as a role model who demonstrates Social Security Scotland’s values; ensuring that clients are dealt with sensitively, appropriately and with fairness, dignity and respect.
· Line Manage, coach and support a team of mobile client advisors, to include personal and professional development.
· Build and maintain a constructive and encouraging team environment, embedding a process of continuous improvement including quality assurance to enhance our client experience
· Support individuals to provide accurate advice, dealing personally with escalated enquiries and complaints.
· Manage changes to policy and processes efficiently and constructively.
· Work alongside Senior Managers, internal and external partners to support new initiatives and the future direction of the agency.
· Ability to keep abreast of the changes to the Social Security and Welfare Benefits system.
The base location for these 4 posts are 1 x Argyll & Bute (Oban) , 1 x Inverclyde,1 x Scottish Borders and 1 x West Lothian
The role requires extensive and regular travel across the local authority area, including all the islands and remote areas. A driving licence is required or alternative means of fulfilling the requirement for daily travel across a wide area provided.
Successful candidates may have to travel to a central location for training and may have to attend training courses on a full time basis.
When applying for this job, using the STAR approach is recommended. You can find more information on STAR by reading the Additional Information page for this job on our recruitment website at: https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us/current-vacancies
1. Demonstrate you consistently meet the needs of client’s by inspiring those
around you to provide excellent service delivery.
2. Experience of managing, leading and developing colleagues to reach their full potential.
3. The ability to build, develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external partners, to enhance client experience.
4. Strong organisational skills with the ability to work on your own initiative using robust information from a variety of sources, whilst initiating and leading change.
2. People Management
3. Communications and engagement
4. Analysis and Use of Evidence
5. Improving Performance
6. Financial Management
These competencies will only apply if you are invited to interview. You can find more information on competencies by reading the Additional Information page for this job on our recruitment website at:
Provisional sift and interview dates:
Sift commences 7th November 2019 and interviews commence 18th November 2019 – please notes these days are provisional and may change.
Applicants who proceed to the interview stage will be required to pay their own travelling expenses to the interview location.
Minimum time in post:
It would be expected that the successful candidate(s) would remain in post for three years, unless successful in achieving promotion to a higher band/grade.
We are looking to recruit a diverse workforce and posts will be available in locations across the whole of Scotland including the islands. Applicants from all areas are encouraged to apply.
A reserve list will be held for a period of 12 months from which further appointments can be made.
We recommend that you read the Additional Information page for this job on our recruitment website at: https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/work-with-us/current-vacancies
Here you will be able to find out more about Social Security Scotland, the job, the STARR approach and how to apply.
Contact point for applications:
For any queries relating to this advert please contact Colette Bryson at the following email address: SocialSecurityLDrecruitment@gov.scot
Any internal or Other Government Department applicant who applies via the external application route will need to undertake the full external process.
It would be desirable for the successful applicant to speak Gaelic however this is not essential for the post.