- Allander Leisure and Adult Day Care Centre Milngavie Road, G61 3DF
- £11.41 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- 0 hours per week
Sports Coach - Strength & Conditioning
Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre/Allander Leisure Centre
Are you enthusiastic about performance sport? Would you like a key role in the delivery of East Dunbartonshire’s Athlete Performance Programme currently running 2 mornings per week at both Allander and Kirkintilloch Leisure Centres?
East Dunbartonshire Leisure & Culture Trust are looking for dynamic individuals to assist with the delivery of a range of strength, conditioning and lifestyle programmes to local athletes, parents and coaches.
The post holder will be required to deliver and evaluate early morning group coaching sessions and workshops at facilities across East Dunbartonshire.
Effective communication with athletes, parents, coaches and partners is essential for the success of the programme
The post holder will possess a UKCC Level 1 Strength & Conditioning qualification or equivalent
For more detail please see the attached Role Profile.
PVG membership scheme will apply.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.