- North Street, KY7 5LT
- £27,312.43 - £34,614.51 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
To view our other vacancies visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs
We provide an essential public health service to the people and environment of Fife. If appointed, you will be out in the community providing help and advice to the public and enforcing Environmental Health law. You will solve problems and serve notices where appropriate. You will prepare prosecution files, guidelines procedures and committee reports.
- Working out with normal office hours is an essential part of the service
- Travel expenses will be paid – we pay 45 pence per mile to staff using their own car. Pool cars and Team trucks are also available.
- Access to, and support with, training opportunities and qualifications for the job.
- We are currently shaping our future workstyles to introduce a blended approach that will include office access days each week with homeworking and site visits for the remainder of your working time.
If you enjoy problem solving and making a difference, this may be the job for you. You should have experience of Environmental Health work and dealing with difficult customers.
Preparing reports, procedures and advice are a critical part of the job, as is the extensive use of IT. You should also have experience of meeting deadlines and targets.
You should have High National Diploma (HND) in a relevant subject or equivalent, as a minimum.
As much of Fife is rural in nature, a driving licence is required.
You may be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership or Disclosure Check for this role.
We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, in light of current advice, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time.
For further Information please contact: DonTaylor, Don.Taylor@fife.gov.uk