- Fairfield House 8 Lothian Road, EH22 3AA
- £53,668 - £58,702 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
We are looking for an Executive Business Manager to support the Executive Director and Chief Officer(s) in the delivery of the Health and Social Care Partnership’s (HSCP) strategic aims by:-
- Leading and managing Executive Officer support for the Directorate.
- Co-ordinating the operational work of the Business Partners and/or co-ordinating HSCP, third sector or partner resources to ensure there is am integrate approach through the prioritisation, co-ordination and delivery of the strategic objectives.
- Co-ordinating the planning, resourcing, workforce planning, resilience and operation of designated Services; monitoring the delivery of HSCP priorities, oversight of HSCP performance data and delivery plans.
- Representing the Executive Director and Chief Officer(s) in specific meetings, as directed to monitor progress, undertake research, report on outcomes, refocus or re-prioritise resources.
- Leading designated initiatives and thematic projects, identifying transformation opportunities, ensuring value for money and/or improving resource efficiency, user/carer experience or service delivery.
- Acting as a link with other service areas to facilitate a holistic approach for service delivery and change.
- Assisting the Executive Director and Chief Officer(s) in managing the full range of employee relations matters in accordance with Council/NHS Procedures.
Working in Midlothian presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take us forward in our desire to be a high performing, user focused and modern HSCP. As the fastest growing local authority area in Scotland, the new position of Executive Business Manager will help ensure that the resources of the HSCP are focused on delivering our key priorities and projects across the county.
One of these key priorities is to develop our organisation and, in turn our community, through the development of our workforce. We are committed to creating a supportive, people-centred HSCP focused on a wellbeing approach.
The largest employer in the area, the HSCP employs around 1600 people. You can make a real difference to the people who live and work here. The role offers the opportunity to collaborate with the local community while working in a dynamic and flexible environment.
We are a forward-looking HSCP committed to improving the services we deliver while putting people at the centre of service delivery. The HSCP serve a growing population estimated at approximately 90,000. The population is the fastest growing in Scotland. It is predicted to rise to 99,000 by 2027, in a geographical area of 35,527 hectares.
We recognise our most valuable assets are our people.
CLOSING DATE - Friday 3rd February 2023
INTERVIEW DATE - Friday 10th February 2023
Position Title: Executive Business Manager
Position Number: W010
Directorate: Health and Social Care
Location: Fairfield House
Contract Status: Fixed Term until August 2023 possibly extending to February 2024
Hours of Work: 36
Working Pattern: Monday - Friday
Weeks per year: 52
Please note that it is Midlothian Councils policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 36 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £53,668.17 per annum.
Compliance with the mandatory Cabinet Office PSN (Public Sector Network) Code of Connection requires the Council to meet a baseline personal security standard. This requires completion of a disclosure check for all employees who can access official information. The fee for this PSN Disclosure check will be met by you.
If you have difficulty applying for this post or accessing attached documents, or if you have a disability and reasonable adjustment is required, please email email@example.com stating the post reference number.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.