Senior Information Systems Development Officer (Permanent)
- Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley, PA1 1UJ
- £40,916 - £44,091 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Renfrewshire is one of Scotland’s larger local authorities and we work hard to respond to the
needs of our communities and deliver excellent local services. Our teams provide services to people at every stage of life—helping to make Renfrewshire a safe, welcoming, and fair place for everyone.
Join us and you’ll be working in a supportive environment where you’ll have the chance to make Renfrewshire a better place and contribute to its future. You’ll be part of our Information Systems Team, who work within the ICT team as part of the Finance and Resources Service. Our service ambition is to ensure the smooth running of corporate Council operations, by providing services across the organisation—including HR, procurement, legal, ICT and audit & governance. Your knowledge and skills in this area will help us continue to improve what we do and how we do it. We work as a team at Renfrewshire Council to innovative, look at new ways of working and deliver a great service.
This is a varied and exciting role, with plenty of space to grow and develop. You’ll need good attention to detail , a can-do attitude and be able to work well within a team environment. You’ll need to be confident, understand the importance of maintaining high standards, have great communication and engagement skills and have an enthusiasm for learning.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Assist in the implementation of the Information Systems domain architecture including application and data principles and standards.
- Provide detailed Application and Information architecture expertise to support the delivery of Council programmes and projects.
- Assist with the implementation of strategies to address Application and Information domain roadmaps and contribute to the creation of standards and procedures.
- Develop and exploit the Council’s Information systems, platforms, and applications to meet current and future business objectives.
- Plan and develop the Council’s use of M365 specifically SharePoint Online and MS Teams.
- Work within a dynamic and exciting team, with plenty of opportunity for growth and development.
As the ideal candidate you should:
- Be educated to degree level and / or hold a relevant professional qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Have significant M365 experience, specifically in SharePoint Online and MS Teams.
- Have broad practical and theoretical experience of Application, Integration, and middleware technologies, and be aware of current best practices.
- Awareness of developments in IT industry including M365 technologies, SaaS, PaaS and DaaS.
Please see the Job Outline and Person Specification for a fuller list of what you’ll do and what we’re looking for.
As our value’s suggest we believe in opportunity for everyone. At Renfrewshire Council, we go that extra mile for our people; we offer a work supportive environment which gives you the chance to use your skills and develop new ones within a high-profile organisation. Not only that, but we also offer our colleagues several great benefits.
- a minimum of 33 days holidays, which increases with service (including public holidays), pro rata for part-time workers
- wellbeing support including a generous company sick pay scheme, carers leave, menopause support as well as an employee assistance scheme
- a generous contributory pension scheme with Strathclyde Pension Scheme
- colleague discount scheme—major and local retailer discounts available to all colleagues
- cycle to work scheme
- optional membership to a Health Cash Plan
- offer of hybrid working.
This is an exciting time to join our ICT Team. If you share our valuesand are ready to be part of our journey, please select the apply button. We look forward to receiving your application.
If successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure Scotland check, the level of check will be determined by the duties of the post. If you would like further information in relation to the Disclosure Scotland checks, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk