- Location: 131 St Vincent Street, G2 5JF
- Salary: £43,949.00 - £49,227.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Strathclyde Partnership for Transport is committed to improving public transport within its sphere of operation. We are working on projects that will create a future-proof integrated transport network for the people of Strathclyde with the main one being the delivery of a £300m Subway Modernisation Programme. For us to do this, it is vital that our diverse property portfolio is managed efficiently.
As part of this on-going commitment, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Building and Estates Surveyor within our Legal and Property Services team. Reporting to the Assistant Chief Executive and working closely with the Customer Services team, you will manage the Partnership’s property portfolio including acquisitions, disposals and leases, whilst ensuring the properties are kept to the highest standards possible and are fully compliant with all statutory legislation.
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge of property management including commercial negotiation at a senior management level. In addition, you will have expertise in the process for leasing, land acquisition and disposal. You will be a highly motivated professional who has a strong track record of delivery, budgetary control and monitoring. You will hold a degree in Building and Surveying or related discipline, with a membership of the RICS.
The key responsibilities of the role are set out in the role description and include:
• To be responsible for the management of the property on a day to day basis including carrying out regular inspections of the properties, diagnosing building defects/issues, investigating complaints from operational colleagues and third party tenants and ensuring that effective remedial works are undertaken.
• To proactively identify, explore and develop capital/revenue improvements. Prepare specifications and working drawings of alterations and improvement. Apply for necessary statutory consents, tender, review and monitor of progress and performance to ensure completion within budget and on time, keeping the client department and line manager informed of progress.
• To prepare and formulate revenue budgets in respect of all aspects of property and to manage and monitor these budgets closely, presenting update reports to departmental, project and strategy groups as required.
Full time hours will be 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday; however, flexibility may be required to meet the demands of the role.
Please note, this position falls into the high risk category under the Alcohol and Drugs policy and therefore is subject to Random & For-Cause testing procedures.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to complete an online application form and submit your CV. Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 8 December 2019.
SPT is an Equal Opportunities company welcoming applications from a diverse background.