- Location: 131 St Vincent Street, G2 5JF
- Salary: £29,917.00 - £42,957.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) is the largest of Scotland’s seven regional transport partnerships. As well as running the Glasgow Subway, SPT delivers an extensive range of public transport services including bus stations and subsidised bus services, manages large transport infrastructure projects and is responsible for delivery of a long-term multi-modal transport strategy for the west of Scotland. We are a unique organisation.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Digital team at SPT and support the delivery of positive transformation and improvement across the organisation. The Business Analysts at SPT play a key role in understanding and communicating business requirements whilst engaging with internal and external stakeholders across a variety of topics and products. Our aim is to increase efficiency and value to our customers through the use of technology and innovative thinking.
We are a truly people focussed team which believes in providing value by delivering and presenting efficient, timely and innovative outcomes for stakeholders. Our projects work within the Agile Framework and are fast paced, challenging and interesting. We need to think holistically whilst delivering big and small increments.
You will be a self-starter who is able to analyse and collaborate with subject matter experts to establish the technical vision. Your organisational skills will ensure that projects are defined, progress tracked, risks and issues identified and solutions implemented.
To be successful in this role you will need to have great analytical and problem solving skills combined with a strong customer service ethic and exceptional stakeholder management. You will use your strong communication skills to facilitate workshops involving frontline, business support and technical staff to define clear requirements for change.
A team player, you must be able to build trust and understanding quickly and have a track record of delivering on time, every time.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience working on IT or Digital focused projects, ideally within a customer service environment.
The key responsibilities of the role are set out in the role description and include:
- Conducting business process and system analysis in order to gather requirements
- Assisting in the roadmap planning of delivery with understanding of dependencies and constraints
- Managing stakeholders to ensure the impacted parties are engaged and informed with the progress of each project
- The ability to work as part of a team and individually to achieve the goals set out
- Design and develop test plans for executing unit, integration, system or acceptance testing in order to ensure the solution meets the business requirements
- Recommend systems improvements and controls by studying current practices understanding business objectives and proposing solutions.
- Provide support for SPT business systems by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support and training users
Required Skills, Qualifications or Experience
- Business Analysis Foundation (or equivalent experience)
- Training Strategy Creation
- Implementation Planning
- CARDI Log Management
- Workshop Hosting
- User Story Creation
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Test Strategy Development
- Process Modelling
- MS Office
Preferred Skills, Qualifications or Experience
Prince 2 (Foundation)
Working with software developers who are exploring the use of cutting edge technologies
Full Time hours will be 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
To apply, please select the 'Apply Now' button to submit your CV and complete a short application form. Closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 27 December 2019.
SPT is an Equal Opportunities company welcoming applications from a diverse background.